TITLE OF THE POSITION
Youth Pastor –
With Responsibilities for:
o Junior and Senior High School aged kids, parents and leaders
o Other various assignments based on skills and availability (i.e. Outreach/Missions; Social Media; Graphics; etc.)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To give vision, critical thought and experience to the structures of youth ministry and how to intentionally point them to Jesus in every-day living as well as supporting parents in their roles as parents.
To continue to integrate the youth into the life and body of the church as a whole.
To carry out the mission of Summit Ridge Church – Summit Ridge Church exists to Glorify God, to make much of Jesus Christ in all that we do. We glorify Jesus by: Loving God, Loving others, and Serving the world.
WHO DOES THIS PERSON REPORT TO
Pastor John Caprine
1. Leadership & Administration
• Give input into the organization and running of the primary youth ministry and other junior and senior high school aged ministries at SRC.
• Organize and structure (with leaders) the junior high and high school ministries.
• Contacting and inviting new youth to SRC
• Delegate specific responsibilities to other team members
• Give oversight to the youth ministry budget areas
• Team player in social media campaign
• Must know and teach the Bible clearly
• Must equip those under your care for works of ministry
• Shepherd the team(s) toward Christ. Encourage and love them forward in truth and grace
• Help your team(s) feel connected into the life of Summit Ridge Church
• Encourage and support parents in their role as parents
3. Engaging your areas of leadership into Neighbors & Nations
• Must be able to not only defend the faith, but be able to help youth think Biblically on the cultural trends of the day
PRIMARY STRENGTHS/GIFTS/TALENTS FOCUSED ON
• Life evidences spiritual growth
• Demonstrates leadership gifts
• A positive role model, energetic and fun
• Entrepreneurial, self-starter and team player
• Organized and efficient – keeps things running smoothly and under control
• The ability to multi-task
• Encourage and support volunteers
• Must love military servicemen and women and their families
• Must love living and working in suburbia
• Vision minded
• Married (preferred)
We anticipate this position to be approximately 40-50 hours per week.